Dignifi is an organisation that works nationally supporting systemic change, helping organisations transition towards becoming more trauma responsive in the way services are delivered. There are three main strands to the work that Dignifi deliver.
- Consultancy – working with a wide range of organisations to understand current practice and design bespoke models of service delivery. As part of their consultancy packages, they offer support on the development of innovative engagement methods, and they support with the design and development of policy and practice both strategically and operationally.
- Training – As part of their work on systemic change, Dignifi offer a range of training courses. Courses are bespoke to ensure they meet organisational need, whilst being focussed on the practical application of trauma informed practice in delivery.
- Interventions – Dignifi offer specialist interventions to people in prison, care leavers and people on probation. Using the Dignifi model they support people to understand the impact of trauma on their lives and develop strategies for recovery.
They have contracts across the country with Criminal Justice organisations, Local Authorities and VCSE Organisations. They have been working with Greater Manchester VRU since 2019, work so far has included:
- Delivering trauma awareness and recovery training to 500 Probation officers and 60 Youth Offending Service officers.
- Training Youth Offending Service trauma specialists across Greater Manchester.
- Design and delivery of bespoke training on racial trauma and disproportionality to 500 Probation Officers across Greater Manchester.
- Delivery of interventions to over 200 care leavers in Manchester and recently, more widely to over 30 in Greater Manchester. An evaluation of some of their work in Manchester can be found here DIGNIFI EVALUATION (squarespace.com)
- Case Consultancy for cases that have been exposed to significant trauma that is linked to risk.
The success of their work means that they are now delivering two further pieces of work.
- Positive Relationships – the design and delivery of a bespoke training course that looks at the impact of growing up around violence.
- Delivery of the care leavers service across Greater Manchester to young people 18-25 who are leaving care and subject to probation.
The evaluation of this work will be shared when available.
For more information on the work Dignifi do, please visit www.dignifi.co.uk.